Monday, August 2, 2010
Big things are happening in our Muffin Tin World! I have some fun ideas coming up before we start back with themes. I ventured to World Market this weekend and found some great MTM stuff. I think I'm going to hit the Columbus Asian Market at some point too so I can see what kind of goodies I can find!
Today, we did a literature theme. My kids LOVE the book "King Bidgood's in the Bathtub" by Don and Audrey Wood. I am a HUGE fan of their books as well. Here's what the kids had:
From top left, clockwise:
1. Open-faced cheese sandwich shaped like a "Rubber Ducky" (a duck isn't in the book, but what's a bath without a duck?)
2. King Bidgood in his bathtub (chocolate chip cookie cut into a man shape with homemade tapioca pudding bubbles).
3. Open faced cheese duck sandwich
4. "Canonball" watermelon ("Get out, it's time to battle!)
5. Goldfish crackers ("Get out, it's time to fish!)
6. The plug (glub, glub, glub) cucumber
In the book, the paige pulls out the plug at the very end of the story.
Before she could take out her cookie King Bidgood to eat him.
I also have a scrap page for you from the August Colorplay kit "Fond I Do" from Lucky Smith Designs at Elemental Scraps. Here's the kit:
And there's wordart, and hangings, and other papers... so much this week! Here's the page I created:
If all of my wedding photos weren't sitting in storage right now, I wouldn't leave this computer for a week! This kit is amazing!