A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Show off!

I mentioned in a previous post that one of my favorite scrapbooking sites is ScrapMatters.  There is a great designer there and sells under the name "Britt-ish Designs".  Each Thursday, Britt has a call for people to "show off" on her blog.  If you design a layout and use any of her products, you email her the jpeg by that Thursday night and she'll include it in her slideshow of show offs on her blog on Friday.  Britt also provides some sort of freebie when you send her a layout. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her designs, so it's not hard for my to get almost one layout done each week.  I haven't participated in the past two weeks, however, due to getting the house ready and my trip. 

Last week, Britt came out with a kit called "Made in America".  Take a peek:

I went back and forth on whether I should purchase it, and I bit the bullet and bought it this morning!  So many possibilities! Not only can you do Fourth of July layouts, but picnics, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Americana, etc.  I created a layout of Cocoa titled "American Girl" (click link for full credits).  Here it is:
 
I checked out a new tutorial this morning on shadows... not quite sure I grasped the concept, but I'm trying.  See how I tried to make the sparkler pop off the page?  Not sure I was successful. I'll keep working at it though!

If you're interested in some freebies, check out Britt's blog and use her products to enter in your show off!

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love that kit... I was so close to buying it! Great design you did with it too. I need to get my Show off in tonight too!