A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Monday, June 7, 2010

Two... wait... Three Big Hungry Bears

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth
It's Monday, so we had a Muffin Tin lunch today.  During the summer, Muffin Tin Mom takes a hiatus from themes.  So, if you want a theme, you can make one up yourself.  I was all set for a lunch of things that start with "A", but I didn't get to the store last night... more on that later.  So, this morning Cocoa wanted me to read "The Little Mouse, The Red, Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear" by Don Wood.



Voila! Muffin Tin Monday meal theme!  This was totally spur of the moment, and remember I didn't go to the grocery store.  I just pulled some stuff out of the cupboards and went with it!  The mouse (which looked more like a cat, so I tried to make the nose look longer...) is a blueberry pancake, blueberry eyes and nose tip, and strawberry whiskers, nose, and mouth.  Then, there is a bear muffin tin of mini chocolate bear grahams and a tin of strawberries, cut in half ("Cut it in two. Give half to me, and we'll both eat it all up.  YUM!"). 

No, I don't have three children.  This is my sister (we'll call her Aunt Sweet Tea... it's all she drinks and she's toothpick thin).  You see, our basement flooded this weekend, so Aunt ST was down to help take care of the kids while I talked with the insurance company and clean up crew.  This is one of the reasons I didn't get to the store last night.  Bean and Aunt ST did not have a cute pancake mouse, but they still engaged in the scrum-diddly-ump-tious lunch.  :)

I have been scrapping, but I'm holding off on sharing my layouts until tomorrow.  Head over to the Two Peas in a Bucket store after 10am EST to see Kerry Stewart's latest digital release!  I'll post layouts and the kit tomorrow!

1 comments:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Great MTM, love how you used a book for the theme :)