A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Monday, May 24, 2010

Muffin Tins and More

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth
Happy Monday everyone! It's Monday, so there was a muffin tin lunch. This week's theme was "Seeds, Plants, and Flowers". This one was a little more difficult for me this week, but I was able to pull something together.
What you don't see in the first photo is the sandwich I made for Cocoa. She ran in and started scarfing her lunch down. But there was a peanut butter and honey sandwich cut into a flower (honey made by bees, who get pollen from flowers), a "sunflower" made from pineapple and a blackberry center for the seeds, a tin of actual sunflower seeds (which I added mini chocolate chips to later because it was very salty) and a planted garden of seeds (celery with peanut butter dirt and raisin seeds... normally ants on a log). Poor Bean did not participate this week because there wasn't much I could give him for this theme. I guess more creativity is needed!

Last Tuesday, after I put Bean in bed, Cocoa and I were about to head downstairs to watch a little tv before bed. Cocoa took a tumble from the tippy top stair (carpeted) to the floor below (not carpeted). So I'm just sick with guilt (later she's apologizing to me because I didn't catch her) and she is complaining of hurting each time I pick her up. I took her to Children's Urgent Care on Wednesday night for x-rays of her collarbone. They didn't see a fracture. Saturday rolls around and Cocoa's shoulder is swollen and bruised. It was Bean's birthday party, so we waited until Sunday to take her back for x-rays. Picture: an unmistakable break in her collarbone. You can see in the above picture that she has a white t-shirt on under her other shirt. She's wearing a soft harness (which we're calling her back pack) over on her shoulders to heal her collarbone. When Cocoa was born, she came out with a broken collarbone because she was so big (10 lbs even). We had to pin her sleeve to her clothes for 10 days in order for her bone to heal. This time, she wears the harness 24/7 for 2 weeks and then the following 2 weeks when she's awake. I feel so bad for my little bug! She walked around for 5 days without any support on her broken bone. And having this happen at the beginning of the hot summer days just makes it more sad. She has to wear an extra layer under her harness so that it doesn't itch or bug her. Hopefully she heals nicely and doesn't have to wear the harness longer than 4 weeks.

Tomorrow I'll post some pictures and tell about Bean's first birthday party. Right now I'm exhausted from staying up late last night to watch "Lost". But before I go, here's a few layouts I've done the past 2 days.



















Play Ball
: "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" kit from Kerry'd Away Designs. Designed for the "Digital Pea in the Spotlight" lift of CindyW. at Two Peas in a Bucket.



















Tea Time: "Fireside Chat" template 1 from Britt-ish Designs and "Tealicious" kit from MLEcard.







A Snowman Story and Snowman Sequel: Queen of Scrap '10 templates (Scrapmatters), "Snowpeeps" from SuzyQScraps and Amanda Heimann, and "Flair Dates" from Britt-ish Designs.

Finally, the principal job came down to Mr. Pepper and an internal candidate. The internal candidate received the position, so we're not moving. We are firm believers that everything happens for a reason and our lives are meant to take a different path. So, while it stinks, we move on!

0 comments: