A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Really? Do you even know what you're saying?

I. AM. DISGUSTED.

One of my friends on Facebook posted this in their profile -
"DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN"

Apparently, it is a group on Facebook right now. I don't care if this is a joke... it's disgusting. You're mocking the death of a person and asking God to do it. I'm assuming that since you're talking to God, you believe in God and are a Christian. Do you realize what you're saying? You're asking God to kill someone. Perhaps you need to take a look at yourself and your values. Just because you don't agree with some of the things that President Obama is doing doesn't mean the man has to die. And if you come back with a "it's just a joke".... not really something you should be joking about.

Now someone is sitting there thinking, "Ok Democrat, Obama lover... that's the only reason you don't find this funny". Yes, I am a democrat and I do like President Obama. Do I agree with everything he does? No. Do I agree with everything my husband does... NO WAY! Do I want them killed? OF COURSE NOT!!! I don't care if you're Christian, Muslim, Atheist... I don't care if you're black, white, hispanic... I don't care if you're democrat or republican... There are only 4 other people in this entire world that know exactly what it's like to be the President of the United States. Are you one of them? I'm INCREDIBLY flattered if you are and are reading my blog! But I'm guessing that you're not. Half of the things that are coming out of people's mouths and reasons why they don't like our president are based on things they've heard from other people that are INCORRECT!!!!
(BTW, I am not claiming I know all of the facts about President Obama and what he's doing for our country and I'm not directing all of this at the friend who posted this).

I'm sorry. This is just driving me mad. Until you step into that position and try to do the job, I don't see how you can judge. Disagree... fine. Go out and try to make the changes you want to see happen in your community, state, country... FANTASTIC!!! That would be AMAZING if everyone who is out shooting off their mouth would actually take some action! But if the way you're going to retaliate to not liking what the President is doing is by joining a Facebook page asking God to kill him?!?!? I'm praying for you....

0 comments: