A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I have a blog?

Seriously? I'm awful. I started this blog thinking it was going to be a great outlet for all the explosions that happen in my head. Well, I haven't been keeping up, have I? Hopefully, that's going to change.

So, what have I been up to the past 7 months (*groan* I really did neglect)?
1. My children are still alive. Always a plus when you've gotten them to survive another day.
2. We took a trip to Arizona around Thanksgiving to surprise my sister-in-law.
3. Various daily activities.
4. Cocoa started preschool in January and turned 3 in March.
5. Successfully put together another fine show for the scholarship program I produce.
6. I discovered digital scrapbooking....

And that, my friends, is what my blog is going to turn into. Lately, my need for caffeine has been due to late nights of me staying up to scrap. I'm seriously obsessed and think I might start a "scrappers anonymous" group. Should I buy a new pair of pants or save the money to buy a digital scrapbook kit? SIMPLE ANSWER!!!! I'm scrapping. It's getting out of hand.

Anyway, I've been doing this since January, so I'll be posting some of my layouts. I'm working really hard to find my creative flair and figure out how to make my pages look real rather than 2 dimensional. I'd really love to reach the point where someone sees my work and likes it enough to put me on their creative team. I really think that would be such an honor. My website of choice is Two Peas in a Bucket. FaNtAsTiC site if you want to start digi scrapping. They have a wealth of resources to help and everyone is so friendly and encouraging. I really like the community.

So! I'll post a layout or two right now. I enjoy constructive criticism A LOT!!! I like to know what others think about my layouts so I can improve. Feel free to post some love or critiques! And I'm really going to try to make this blog deal work!




"Carousel" Credits
* Deena Rutter sketchy papers (Design House Digital).
* Katherine Teague "It's in the Air" April Freebie (Two Peas in a Bucket)
* Haynay "Angel Baby" girl circle (Scrapmatters)
* Jeanelle Paige July Sunday Morning Paper freebie (A Cherry on Top)
* Lifted from Scrapbook Etc. April 2010 Ed. Page 72 layout "Sunshine".







"Love" credits
* Vinnie Pearce "Live, Laugh, Love" kit elements and "Poised" solid papers

Note: I have an obsession with everything Vinnie Pearce creates. I think she's a creative genius and you can view her blog "Right Now". You can purchase her designs at Two Peas


.




"Measure a Year" credits
* Words and lyrics by Jonathon Larson, from the broadway musical "Rent"
* Vinnie Pearce "Krafty Birthday" girl border stitching.










These are just a few examples of what I've been up to lately. Thanks for looking!
OH! And if anyone's wondering, I use Photoshop Elements 8 to create my layouts. Best Christmas gift... EVER!!!!

0 comments: