A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Monday, September 21, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

OK kids, I've totally neglected this blog. But while neglecting, I've become obsessed with some organizing and craft blogs I've found out there on the web. I'll share some of my favorites later.

There is a blog that I subscribe to called Organizing Junkie. I LOVE IT!!! When I do get motivated to organize, I jump on here for inspiration. Each Monday the FABULOUS woman who keeps this blog posts her dinner menu for the week. A lot of people do this! So, this is week #2 of our family writing down our meals (as in, I write down breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks), so I thought I would post my menu this week. I'm just posting my dinners. Keep in mind that my husband is a high school administrator, so if he's scheduled to be at a sporting event, he doesn't come home for dinner that evening. Then, it's just Cocoa and I eating. So, those nights I usually plan for leftovers or something extremely quick and easy for her and I eat after Cocoa and Bean go to bed.

Here's my menu! Enjoy!

Monday: BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, baked french fries, applesauce

Tuesday: Leftovers/easy meal (Pop has a sporting event)

Wednesday: Breaded Chicken Muenster Casserole, peas, peaches
Need: chicken tenders, bread crumbs, 1 egg, egg noodles, sliced mushrooms, muenster cheese, 1 can chicken broth.
Prepare: Dip tenders in egg and turn in dish of bread crumbs. Brown both sides in olive oil. Cook noodles as directed on package. Layer bottom of 9x13 pan. Place tenders on top of noodles. Top with mushrooms and cover with cheese. Pour can of chicken broth over the top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Thursday: Leftovers (this is my Weight Watchers day, so Pop and Cocoa are on their own for dinner. It's usually leftovers or Mac n Cheese.)

Friday: Chicken nuggets, cottage cheese, fruit (Pop has a football game)

Saturday: OSU TAILGATE!!! GO BUCKS!!!

Sunday: Brinner. Pancakes, turkey bacon, pears

I did have a baked ziti on the menu, but realized that with the pulled pork and casserole and ziti, we'd have leftovers for another week. So, it's a pretty easy, not too much cooking, week.

0 comments: