A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BuRn BaBy, bUrN!

I DID IT!!! I exercised before night fell! Both kids (by some miracle) went down for a nap at the same time and allowed me 40 minutes to do my workout. Today was Chalean Extreme burn intervals. I have another 10 minute ab workout I have to do tonight, but come on! I just kicked my butt for 40 minutes. Considering I'm a cow and I never work out, I think that's pretty great!

I'm 3 days into this 3 month process. Now, I'm not following the eating plan (it's all high protein and doesn't fit well with feeding Pop and Cocoa), but I am following Weight Watchers. My goal right now is to lose 1 lb. a week. If I don't lose my pound, then I've got a little extra to lose the following week. I'd like to hit my 10% weightloss by New Years. My mom, grandmother, and my grandmother's friend are all doing Weight Watchers as well and we've given ourselves a little extra motivation. We've each put in $25 and whoever loses the most percentage of their weight by Christmas will get the $100 to buy new clothes for their smaller body. FUN INCENTIVE!!!

I have a total weightloss goal of 75 pounds. That will put me at the high end of what is healthy for my height and age. I figure if I can lose around 20 pounds by Christmas and then another 20 by next summer, I'll be at my goal by the time I'm 30 (January 2011)!!! That would be FANTASTIC!!! I'm not looking for a bikini body. I just want to feel ok in a tankini and want to have the energy and confidence to play with my kids on the beach. I want to be able to take them to swimming lessons and be the one to get in the pool with them... I don't want to miss out on these events and have them look back and see that dad did everything. I want to be able to go shopping for clothes and feel good about what I'm buying rather than feeling like I'm wasting my money on fat clothes that aren't going to look good on me anyway. I want to be around for my grandchildren. :)

0 comments: