A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Insomnia

Well, a cup of coffee is certainly a must this morning! Having my head hit the pillow around 11:45 and now I'm up at 5:00 (Bean requested an early morning bottle, but I couldn't go back to sleep). My mom was always up around 4am and I always thought she was crazy. GO BACK TO BED YOU LUNATIC!!! Is it a mom thing? You would think that having two children and not sitting down all day, I'd be exhausted and want to sleep as much as possible. And yet, at night I can't settle down to sleep and in the morning I'm ready to jump out of bed. Perhaps it's the thought that if I'm awake, I can enjoy a few hours of peace to myself.

It's probably good to be up though so I can get some cleaning accomplished. Today my parents and in-laws are coming for filet mignons for lunch. No, this is not an everyday menu that we consume. Filets came frozen 6 to a package at Costco for $12.... WHO CAN BEAT THAT?!?!? My father-in-law is retiring and his last day of work is tomorrow. Funny enough, my husband goes back to work tomorrow, something I'm dreading. No, I don't have it that hard, I'm just not a very patient person.

Well, in the spirit of how everything goes in my life, I'm off to procrastinate! I've been wanting to start making hair clips for my daughter, so naturally I'm going to give it a go this morning instead of clean. Who didn't see a little procrastination coming a mile away?

0 comments: