A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And we're off!

After deciding I needed a healthy venue to vent all my frustrations, I opted to start a blog. Hey! The world needs another blog, right? So, let's start out with introductions. Why would you want to read my thoughts if you don't know who I am?

Well, that was kind of a tease since I don't plan on using real names. I'd like to keep my blog anonymous so that I'm not afraid to let everything I'm thinking spill out of my head (and since I'm ADD, it might come out jumbled and completely off topic and out of order). Take a look at the name of my blog. I'm a 28 year old stay-at-home mother of two (I'll be referred to as Java)... caffeine is my drug of choice. I am an elementary school teacher taking off a few years in order to raise my kiddos. Let's call them Cocoa and Bean (Cocoa is a 2 1/2 year old girl going through potty training and Bean is a 2 month old boy trying to survive the showering of affection he receives from Cocoa. My husband (Pop... he has an unhealthy obsession with a certain pop with 23 flavors) is a 32 year old high school administrator who used to teach speech and drama. He is INCREDIBLY TALENTED at what he does and is very well respected. I'm very proud of him.

We're incredibly blessed. Our children are healthy, we have a stable income, and we live in a house we can afford. Our family is close by and we spend tons of time with them. And while I feel very fortunate with the hand that life has dealt me, who doesn't have a little bit of crazy in them or need to vent their frustrations from time to time. We're not perfect. There are things in our family and in our past and present that we struggle with, and so I'm using this blog as free therapy. :)

So, there you have it. You'll learn more about us if you continue to follow... that's just a little taste of the crazy cake. My first successful blog entry! It only took me 2 days to write it with all of the interruptions of life....

0 comments: