A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick-or-Treat

Happy Halloween everyone!  Our trick-or-treat is scheduled for this evening, but my kids didn't have a bag to collect their goodies.  When I was little we just used a pillowcase. I didn't want to purchase a cheap bag that we'd end up throwing out (and wasting), so I made my own.

I went to the local craft store and purchased these blank burlap totes, totaling less than $7.50 for both together.  I already had some fabric transfer paper laying around... not to mention a multitude of digital scrapbook goodies at my disposal.  I simply created a fun design in Photoshop Elements, one for each side.  Take and look!




Please click on the pictures for credits. *WARNING* Should you attempt this at home, don't forget to flip your image horizontally so that it's backwards when printing!  When you iron it on, it will turn out the right way.  Luckily, I caught my mistake early and was able to salvage that piece of transfer paper to use for the kids' names.  WHEW!

0 comments: