A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Time is Here

For the next three weeks, the Muffin Tin Monday theme (should you choose to accept it) is "Holidays".  We celebrate Christmas, so I was super pumped to do a Christmas theme!  Then, we thought we were having a showing and wouldn't be home, but Cocoa got sick and the showing fell through.  WHAT'S A MOM TO DO WITH A THEME?!?!!?  Praise Santa for Rudolph!  We ate food that the reindeer would enjoy!

A: bananas and blackberries
B: oats (granola and a few chocolate chips)
C: apples
D: Snowflake and moon shaped PB&J (well, every time I think of reindeer I see Santa flying in his sleigh in front of the moon... that's where that came from)
E: carrots
F: snow covered in holly leaves and berries (cottage cheese with holly/berry sprinkles)








I got these rockin' (flimsy) tins at Target in the dollar bins.  I also got a snowflake one... only $2.50!



Now one of these days I'll post our Thanksgiving tin. Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I bought those same rock'n tins at Target too! They make great snowman pumpkin bead! Great job! We did a Christmas book theme, hop over to my blog to enter a Christmas Giveaway of MTM foods!!! http://jessicajabber.blogspot.com/2010/12/muffin-tin-monday-christmas-giveaway.html

SnoopyGirl said...

Cute tins and a fun lunch! Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

I'll go with the tie-in of the moon and star :) Nice job getting a muffin tin meal in with all the craziness in life!

Tonya Hache said...

I love those tins!
Great idea!
Thanks for sharing

<3 Rockabye Butterfly

http://rockabyebutterfly.blogspot.com/

Casey Wright said...

Ooh! Love these! Thanks for the ideas - hope all is well :)

Melissa said...

I love how cottage cheese can look so festive when it's molded into a snowman shape and dotted with cute red and green sprinkles. :o)

Jessica said...

Congrats Java you won the give-away on my blog. Email me your address and I'll mail you your goodies!!!

Jessica said...

Jen I emailed you for your address, but in case you didn't get it you can email me at rjdohner@yahoo.com