A NEED FOR CAFFEINE

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A New Year

For most people, the beginning of the year is January 1... when resolutions are made and a new calendar is opened.  Well, that time is NOW for me.  My calendar has always, and probably will always, run by each school year.  Last year, I made resolutions in September rather than January.  It's what happens when you're a teacher... married to a teacher/administrator... have kids in school.  It's inevitable.  So, right now I'm searching for a new planner. I've stumbled upon MomAgenda, and I'm thinking I like it.  I just can't decide if I should purchase the bound version or the spiral version (that doesn't ship until September 17... my year has already begun people!!!).  So, what do you think I should do? Leave me a comment and I'll take your thoughts into consideration before ordering.

And, now to menu planning.  With it being the beginning of the school year and my husband being an administrator, I'm a single mom this week.  It's the first week of school... very busy.  And since Mr. Pepper is driving 50 minutes to school right now, his hours are like 5am-9pm.  SUPER!  :(  Plus, my sister is getting married this weekend, so my menu plan is lacking.

Monday: Mac N' Cheese and hot dogs (request from Cocoa)

Tuesday: Taco in a Bag... yeah, I'm doing it!  Just need to find some small bags of Fritos.

Wednesday: Bertolli simple meal

Thursday: Beef Stroganoff (Mr. Pepper's favorite)

Friday: wedding festivities

Saturday: wedding festivities

Sunday: pizza (who knows what's going to be going on after the wedding)

So, not the greatest of weeks, but we have to make due.  Tomorrow, themes start again for Muffin Tin Monday.  I've got some fun things planned for ABC/123!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm really liking the BusyBodyBook Planner. I'll be doing a review/giveaway for one tomorrow.

Have fun at the wedding...gosh I can't remember the last time I went to a wedding.

Laura

Unknown said...

i like the mom agenda ones but I also really like my truly mom...well worth the money cause they last forever!

i also think of september as a new begining of the year! but i think i do it at new years also!